The Department of Petroleum Technology was established in 1969 at Dibrugarh University with an aim to produce technically qualified manpower for the oil industries. The department offers 2 year M. Tech. Course (UGC and AICTE approved) in Petroleum Exploration and Production and belongs to the School of Earth, Atmospheric Sciences, Environment & Energy of Dibrugarh University.
- The M.Tech. Course in Petroleum Exploration and Production is approved by AICTE.
- Strong Industry Academia Linkages: Regular field training is conducted in oil industries for the students as a part of their course work. Dissertation/ Project works are carried out in oil industries/ institutions on relevant topics under the guidance of academia & oil industry. Guest lectures on special topics are arranged by inviting resource persons from oil industries like OIL, ONGCL, NRL etc. frequently.
- ONGC offers scholarship of Rs.60,000/- to the topper upto 2nd Semester of the M.Tech. programme.
Candidates having B.E. / B.Tech. in Mechanical / Chemical / Petroleum Engineering and M.Sc./ M. Tech. in Applied Geology / Geology / Geophysics of any recognised university with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate are eligible to apply. M.Sc. in Geology / Applied Geology/ Geophysics candidates should have Mathematics in their B.Sc. level. Candidates who have cleared GATE will get preference.
How to apply:
The intending candidates need to apply online through the “Online Application Submission” portal of Dibrugarh University which is available at www.dibru.online from 21.06.2019. The application fee of Rs.500/- needs to be paid at the time of applying online through Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Internet Banking. On successful submission of the Application, an Acknowledgement Slip with “SUCCESS” status will be generated. Candidates are advised to download and print the Acknowledgement Slip along with the submitted Application Form and Admit Card for future reference. A step-by-step instruction of the Application Process is available on the homepage of the “Online Application Submission” portal.
1. Online Registration will start from : 21.06.2019
2. Last Date for online Registration : 26.07.2019 (up to 5.00PM)
3. Notification of selected list of candidates : 31.07.2019(after 2.00pm)
4. Date of Admission
- General/Merit : 05.08.2019(11.0am to 5.00pm)
- Waiting & Endowment : 06.08.2019(11.0am to 5.00pm)
5. Commencement of Class : 08.08.2019
Method of Selection for admission:
Selection of candidates for admission will be made on the basis of merit in the Qualifying Examination and through an Interview/Counselling. Candidates who have cleared GATE will get preference.
The list of the selected candidates for admission will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained in the qualifying examination (B.E /B.Tech. / M.Sc/ M.Tech.). Preference will be given to GATE qualified candidates having a valid score card. The list of the selected candidates and date of interview/ counselling will be displayed in the Notice Board of the department and can be viewed on the university website (www.dibru.ac.in).